What's Up This Weekend | April 4th
We’re in the midst of some very trying and unprecedented times, with events and regular entertainment on hold for the foreseeable future. A lot of people are taking extra precaution and staying in - but we all know, we can go a little stir crazy after a while. So instead of highlighting events around New Hampshire and Massachusetts, we’re going to give you a few ideas of what you do to help out your community in this unprecedented time. Local businesses are the fabric of our community and that very fabric is being stretched thin. So if you want to help out the local businesses that you love, then keep on reading!
Community Outreach Ideas:
- Getting Take-Out or Delivery: Right now, local restaurants have been ordered to shut their doors for dining and only offer takeout or delivery. Without the flow of customers, these businesses are feeling the economical effects of this crisis. So ordering to-go or delivery helps drive in revenue.
- Gift Cards/Gift Certificates: While you’re there picking up your take-out, you could inquire about gift cards. Some places even offer gift cards for purchase online or over the phone. You could purchase one to use at a later date, the next time you get take-out, or gift it to someone else. Either way, this helps the business have more money coming in and a future customer returning for a meal.
- Write a Review: If you don’t have the means right now to purchase a to-go order or purchase a gift card, a positive review of some of your favorite local businesses can go a long way. It may sway someone else to try out that restaurant based on your rave review.
- Share Social Posts: Local businesses tend to do a lot of marketing and advertising on their social media, what you can do to help is share posts from some of your favorite places. This will draw attention to these stores/restaurants and perhaps entice more people to support these businesses.
- Shop Local Online: A virtual world is our new norm, and most if not all businesses conduct business online. So next time you’re online shopping, pop on a few of your favorite local stores’ websites and see what you can pick up to help support them.
- Tip a little more than usual: If you’re able to, when you're getting your takeout or delivery, consider tipping a little more than you normally would. Due to the decrease in foot-traffic, employees wages are dropping significantly. Any little bit can help.
With these tips you can ultimately help your local community and economy all while practicing safe social distancing and doing your part to help flatten the crisis curve.
Here are a few suggestions of some amazing local restaurants around New Hampshire that would love your support!
- Border Brewery and BBQ in Salem
- Juliano's in Londonderry
- New England Tap House in Hooksett
- Cello Farmhouse Italian in Candia
- Nine Lions in Deerfield
- Diverge in Dover
- Patrick’s Pub in Gilford
- On the Corner Grill in Derry
- Cobbetts Pond Pizza in Windham
- Revival in Concord
- Windmill Restaurant in Concord
- Angelina's Italian in Concord
- Chester General Store in Chester
- Luk's Bar and Grill in Hudson
- Gabi's Smoke Shack in Londonderry
- Poor Boy's in Londonderry
- Janie's Uncommon Cafe in Londonderry
- Rockingham Brewing Company in Londonderry
- Vida Cantina in Portsmouth
- Laney & Lu in Exeter
Being at home for an extended period of time can feel a little overwhelming and boring, but the actions we’re taking today will help bring us a better tomorrow. Here at Verani Realty, we are invested in making your home dreams come true, so if you’re in the market for a new sanctuary, we can help! Visit Verani.com for more information, besides, admiring some homes for sale in NH and MA can be done from inside too!
We hope everyone is staying healthy and safe during this time. We’re here if you need us!
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|