Why New Hampshire continues to be such a popular place to live
Year after year, New Hampshire has ranked in the Top 10 and often in the Top 3 for “Best Places to Live” in the nation. In fact, some surveys rank New Hampshire in the top three best places to raise a family. There is so much to see and do, from New Hampshire’s picturesque mountains to its sandy beaches to its lakes and hiking trails. As much time as you can spend enjoying scenic New Hampshire, you can equally spend in some of New England’s biggest cities with Boston just a short drive away. Basically, New Hampshire offers a whole lot for everyone.
Here are some of the top reasons why New Hampshire continues to be such a popular place to live:
An advantage of living in New Hampshire is its location –– its proximity to nearby metro areas such as Boston, Massachusetts, Albany, New York, and New York City is a draw to many, since the cost of living in New Hampshire is significantly lower than its surrounding popular cities. Residents enjoy the affordable cost of living in New Hampshire while still being in close range to access all the excitement of the big cities. Residents also have convenient access to a vast variety of landscapes from the beautiful White Mountains in the north-central region, to the Seacoast beaches to the famous Lakes Region in the east. With the diverse terrains, New Hampshire offers an area for everyone’s taste and lifestyle.
Family-Friendly Activities and Plenty To Do All Year Long
With such a variety of landscapes, New Hampshire offers seemingly endless recreation opportunities all year long. For fishers, boaters and water skiers, there are hundreds of lakes to choose from in the summertime. For skiing, snowshoeing and all manner of winter sports and recreation, there are picturesque mountains that will challenge the experienced skier or provide learning opportunities for novices and beginners. Enjoy swimming, shopping, and dining at local restaurants at charming beaches like Hampton beach, or spend a day in popular cities like Portsmouth or even Boston. No matter what season it is, there is plenty to do and see all around New Hampshire.
More Reasons to Love New Hampshire:
- The True Seasons: New Hampshire is one of the few states that has all four distinct seasons, and every season is a draw for outdoor enthusiasts, New Hampshire residents, and tourists alike. With ski mountains open in the winter, stunning hikes in the spring, the lakes region and seacoast in the summer, and the brilliant colors of the famous foliage.
- Sales tax? What’s that?: New Hampshire is one of the four states in the entire country that provides the benefit of NO sales tax, the others being Oregon, Montana, and Delaware. So, you see a price tag that says something is $10.99, guess what you’re paying at the register? You guessed it, $10.99 - no extra tax, no extra math before the purchase.
- Safe for the family: New Hampshire is consistently ranked in the “Top 10 Safest States in America” list by US News, making it an amazing place to live and raise a family. Another added bonus, New Hampshire is surrounded by Vermont, Maine, and Massachusetts, who are also on the Top 10 list.
- Employment for everyone: New Hampshire has several companies with a significant presence in the state, including Oracle, Fidelity, UPS, BEA and Coca-Cola. With competitive wages and benefits, it makes for a great state for employment. Also, New Hampshire has a very low unemployment rate, so chances of getting a job for any level seems promising.
- Excellent Education: New Hampshire is home to some of the best educational institutions in the country, such as Dartmouth and Phillips Exeter Academy.
If you’re considering a move to New Hampshire, contact one of our trusted real estate agents in New Hampshire today. Or visit us online to see available New Hampshire homes for sale!
Relocating can also be an easier process with the help of an expert. Contact the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Relocation team at 603-537-5312 or email@example.com.
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|