How to Find the Right Realtor to Sell Your Home
Choosing a real estate agent to market and sell your home can be a daunting task. It may feel impossible to know if you have found the right Realtor for the job, but there are key signs that you have found the one right for you.
You can start your search by asking people you know for a few referrals, but just because they were satisfied doesn’t mean their Realtor was one of the best. Start by looking for someone that has the skills, personality and commitment you need in this partnership.
Here are few signs you have found the right Realtor:
- They are a part of a successful real estate company that is well known in the communities they serve. The company should pride itself on ongoing education and stand behind their agents, offering guidance and support. It should feel like when you’re working with them, you are a team.
- The Realtor has a successful track record. A competent listing agent should hold a track record for negotiating sales prices that are very close to list prices. Confusing as it may sound, you want someone arguing that small wiggle room to your favor. Therefore, listing agents should have higher ratios - the closer to 100 percent, the better.
- They have a solid, viable marketing plan and strategy that’s ready to launch.
They should know exactly how they will sell your home, the sales campaign that is planned, where and how often they will advertise, and how to market your home online.
- A solid agent can provide several customer references.
- They offer qualities you value in this partnership. Look for qualities like:
- They are honest and trustworthy
- They are friendly, but also can be assertive
- They are an excellent negotiator
- They are a good communicator who is easily available by phone or e-mail
- They know their stuff and are very analytical
- They are able to maintain a good sense of humor under trying circumstances
Your Realtor is much more than someone who puts a sign on your lawn and walks people through your home. If you have chosen correctly, they will be able to answer a myriad of questions from prospective buyers about the community, current home values, taxes, and school information. They will know how to market your home to appeal to the most buyers and will also know which ones are the most serious about purchasing. They will help you negotiate once offers come in and will work tirelessly to serve your best interests.
Choosing the right Realtor to sell your home requires a little homework on your part, but it is totally worth the time spent researching your choice. The right agent for the job will make selling your house an easier, less stressful experience and help you get the most for your property.
Share This Post
|Previous Post||Next Post|