How to Get More Buyers for Your Home
Once you've chosen a listing agent, one of their key responsibilities is to rustle up as many potential buyers as possible. When you work with them, it's important to understand how your home is being marketed and what options are available. Today, with multiple websites and online options, getting your home in front of potential buyers has never been faster or simpler.
The Multiple Listing Service (MLS) is still king
Your real estate agent should have your home listed in the MLS before a sign even goes up in your front yard. Its database contains all of the homes listed by local real estate agents who are members of the service, which is most of the local agents. This means every agent in your region will know about the listing and is invited to bring potential buyers to see your home. This larger supply of buyers can boost the price your home can bring and increase your agent’s ability to sell your home quickly.
The listing will include important information about your home, such as number of rooms, square footage and details like new kitchen or hard wood flooring. There will also be a photo of your home and a paragraph that sums up the property and why it is a must-see.
Agents searching the MLS database pay close attention to homes that have been recently placed on the market, which is one reason you will get a flurry of attention when your house is first listed.
Even with a wealth of online photos and even virtual tours, giving buyers the opportunity to physically tour your home and picture themselves living there is key. There are a variety of ways your listing agent will draw buyers and buyers’ agents through the front door for a tour.
- Your agent may offer an office preview to introduce your house to other agents working in the same office. All the agents from your listing company will come over at a set time and take a tour, filing quickly through your home to get a head start on knowing the property and trying to match it to a potential buyer.
- A broker preview is very similar to an office preview, except it is open to all the members of the local multiple listing service.
- Your agent may ask to do an open house when your property is first placed on the market. This creates word-of-mouth advertising and brings in a pool of potential buyers, one of which may place an offer on your home.
In addition to previews, open houses, and the MLS, listing agents have access to a variety of print and online advertising opportunities. Ads may feature just your property or your property in a group of listings, and while they draw attention and create a pool of clients, they do not usually sell your house directly.
The Verani Realty Difference
In addition to the strategies listed above, when you go with a Verani agent, you access a host of exclusive marketing resources designed to give you maximum exposure to buyers so you can sell your home quickly.
- Verani.com: With over 60,000 visitors every month, Verani.com delivers the detailed information homebuyers want. In addition to detailed descriptions, photos, and school reports, we offer visual and guided online tours and instant appointment requests. We also make it simple for buyers to set up profiles, save searches, sign up for email updates, and more.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System: Our CRM is an exclusive lead management system developed so our real estate agents have immediate access to buyer inquiries and are in contact with the potential buyer about your home, in many cases while they are still online. We also invest in agent training to ensure online customers and their inquiries are handled effectively. With this system, we don't lose potential buyers, we capture them!
- Extensive online reach: All of our listings feed to the major home search websites, including Homes.com, Trulia.com, Zillow.com, the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices national web portal service, and Realtor.com. All of our listings on Realtor.com are enhanced "showcase" listings so you can draw the most eyes possible.
- Progressive Value Range Marketing (PVRM): We offer this exclusive alternative to fixed-price marketing, where your house is placed in one of 80 price ranges determined by data gathered from the National Association of Realtors®, The Canadian Real Estate Association, and many North American markets where Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Real Estate has affiliates using PVRM. Properties marketed using PVRM may sell faster and, in some cases, for more money than the seller expected. PVRM introduces properties to more buyers than a traditional fixed-price listing, and creates a comfortable atmosphere for negotiations to begin much sooner in the sales process. For more information about this tactic, talk to your Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Verani Realty real estate professional.